Based in Hilversum, Netherlands
May 8th, 2020[Switch], August 6th, 2013 [original]
PC / Mac / Linux
Megabyte Punch is an electro fighting/beat ‘em up game in which you build your own fighter. As you travel through different environments, you battle other creatures to get their parts. Parts have their own powers and bonuses, like gun arms for a shoot ability or powerful hips for a devastating pelvic thrust attack. Then, using the abilities of your customized fighter, you can compete in the tournament or battle against other players in a destructible arena.
Reptile began with making the customizable fighting/beat ‘em up game Megabyte Punch in late 2011. The early versions of the game received a lot of praise, which, coupled with the fact that hardly any game developer was making games quite the way Reptile saw them resulted in the formation of the company. In 2013 Megabyte Punch was released August 6 and received some great reviews and overall responses. A month later Megabyte Punch received the green light to be distributed through Steam.Nintendo Switch
7 years after the original release Megabyte Punch will be released on the Nintendo Switch on May 8th 2020. With 2 exlusive bonus stages and amiibo functionality to get unique colors for your fighter we think this is a good chance to check out the game in case you missed it 7 years ago.
- Chunky stylish graphics.
- 6 unique electro-worlds with boss fights.
- 150 parts to collect and endless combinations to customize your character.
- Pumpin' Electro Soundtrack.
- Compete in the tournament for rare parts.
- Up to 4 player local co-op and versus mode.
- [Switch Exclusive] Use any amiibo in-game to get exclusive colors for your fighter.
- [Switch Exlusive] Two exclusive bonus stages
The Megabyte Punch Switch trailer YouTube
The Megabyte Punch trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "One of Indie Game Magazine's Most Anticipated Indie Games Of 2013" January 22, 2013
- "So. F*cking. Good."
- Ben Barrett, RockPaperShotgun
- "WHAT A TERRIFIC GAME, this game is wonderful!"
- Jesse Cox, OMFGcata
- "Kicking a robot so hard that it tears through the air at high speed and crashes into the wall, destroying parts of it in the process. Beautiful."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "I fucking love the whole concept."
- Anonymous, Some obscure imageboard
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Updates and announcements
Megabyte Punch is coming to the Nintendo Switch on May 8th 2020. https:.
About Team Reptile
Team Reptile is a cold-blooded independent game developer founded to make original games with style.
More information on Team Reptile, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Megabyte Punch Credits
Oscar van den Burgh
Straight up stylin' sound designer, Freelancer
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks